CHILDREN bring special requirements to finding the perfect home for your family.
1. Check out the property address on Googlemaps which will let you see how far away the
home is to amenities and schools. This will hellp you undertand if they meet your needs –
especially if you aren’t familiar with a suburb.
2. Presentation, price and position should be foremost on your mind. Position is very
important because of the quality of street that it’s in, things like schools, shopping, transport
3. Make sure you consider everyone’s needs in the family. For children, being in a catchment
to attend the local school is important. For parents, having shops close by is an advantage.
4. Get a feel for the neighbourhood before you move. Take into account the number of parks,
bikeways and percentage of family households. A higher percentage of family households is
generally ideal for other families as it can mean a good support network.
5. Street appeal is important. You want a safe community where children can play on the
street, so check they are owner occupied, which means the lawns will be kept, rubbish will be
taken out, no litter in the front yard.