Presentation of your home for sale can certainly add 10’s of $1000 of dollars to the end result. In a competitive market, standing out will both assist in the saleability and price you will achieve for your property. Below are a number of tips for presenting your home to the market
- Trim the lawns and tidy the garden. This will be a prospective buyer’s first impression of your home. Make it a good one.
- Shampoo the carpets. You may be surprised at how much ‘life’ they have after a good cleaning. The brighter everything is the better for selling.
- A once over for the walls. Grubby little hand marks maybe an unpleasant fact but they’re some of the worst offenders in taking the edge off an otherwise attractive home. You will be rewarded!
- Check the guttering. It’s an easy point for buyers to spot so one to watch out for. make sure there are no leaves hanging over the edge, no peeling paint, or water stains. In addition, while you’re at it why not brush under the eaves for cobwebs?
- Clean out the garage and shed. They’re the places where you’ve thrown unwanted goods over the years. It makes sense to have a clean out now, because good storage space is always an important selling point.
- Open the windows. The brighter the rooms the better, so always leave blinds and curtains open. Clean windows and insect screens to let in more light.
- Flowers set the scene. People often put flowers out for visitors-a prospective purchaser is a very important visitor!
- The kitchen and laundry. Special attention needs to be paid to these areas. Clean the oven, polish the sink, and give your cupboards a clean.
- The Ray White sign. We’ll advise you on the best location for maximum effect.